Follow Me On Twitter..

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Seven devils all around me..

Seven devils a
The first: your full, sweet lips;
the colour of a velvet rose, that I yearn to touch,
to taste them long, as they smile beneath mine.
The second: your warm, gentle hands;
each fingertip a delicate brushstroke of exquisite, indelible colour on my flesh,
a whisper of satin stirred by a breath of wind.
The third: your bright, deep eyes;
pools of hot, thick caramel I would gaze into forever,
their warmth sending delicious ripples of heat through every cell of me,
in every deep current of blood.
The fourth: your soft, murmuring voice;
like a patient hand stoking a winter fire,
waking the passions slumbering within,
until ravenous, ferocious flames roar across my skin.
The fifth: your light, sweet breath;
That mingles with mine in our lover’s dance,
as we kiss, as we embrace, entwined beneath the moon’s timid eye,
that tastes of all the promises you’ve made,
and all the promises you’ve kept.
The sixth: your strong, hard arms;
The cage I return to, each black-satin night,
The ark no tempest could ever shake.
In them I lose myself again and again,
and ever they have guided me faithfully back home to you.
The seventh: your heart of music and fire;
an instrument playing tirelessly, enchantingly, the symphony of all that I am when I am with you,
of all that you are, all about you that I know,
of all that you keep secret, and all I will unearth.
Of all that I have ever longed and dreamt of,
of all the promise this world does boast,
and the intrigue and mystery of every distant other.
Seven devils, seven angels,
Seven chains that bind me tight to you.
Seven souls, if I had, they would each love you.
And seven lifetimes would not be enough.

  Inspired by Florence + The Machine, ‘Seven Devils’


No comments:

Post a Comment